It was created following Decree No. 002/PM of 15 February 2012 on the promotion of subcontracting in partnership contracts and contracts negotiated under other investment incentive schemes.
The SPX CMR is a tool developed in Africa by UNIDO as part of the Africa Investment Promotion Agency Net work (AFRIPANET). It is a resource centre that allows companies to be identified and evaluated based on their technical capabilities. Since its opening, 165 companies have joined the centre.
- Assisting member companies in finding new customers and possibly developing their profitability through an analysis of their performance and processes.
- Supporting companies in the long term in the rational use of its technical and human resources.
- increasing the level of production and employment in the industrial subcontracting sector;
- improving products and manufacturing processes;
- contributing to the redeployment of SME/SMI equipment;
- increasing investment in the industrial subcontracting sector and improving the competitiveness of SMEs;
- promoting local content within the industrial subcontracting sector.
The activities carried out by the Subcontracting and Partnership Exchange (SPX) aim, among other things, at building a database on the technical capacities available in Cameroon, while focusing on the business relationship of clients (principals) with suppliers (subcontractors) The exchange will also contribute to the promotion of business meetings, technical days, specialized fairs, training and information meetings, mainly focused on a consulting or benchmarking operating mode.
The SPX-CMR is headed by Mr YAMENI Evariste
Kassap building, 8th floor, Douala, Littoral, PO Box:12899 Cameroon