The SME Promotion Agency (APME) was created by Presidential Decree No. 2013/092 of 3 April 2013. This Agency is a public administrative body with legal personality and financial autonomy, placed under the technical supervision of the Ministry of SMEs and under the financial supervision of the Ministry of Finance.
Since the 10 December 2014, the Agency has been headed by Professor Laurent Serge ETOUNDI NGOA, Chairperson of the Board of Directors, and Mr. BADGA Jean Marie Louis, General Manager, both appointed on the same day by decree of the President of the Republic. The headquarters of the Agency shall be located in Yaounde, in Tsinga neighbourhood. Regional branches may be set up as necessary following a resolution of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is consisted of 12 members who are appointed by presidential decree and for a 3-year term, renewable once. The installation ceremony of the General Manager took place on Friday, 21 August 2015 at the HILTON Hotel in Yaoundé.
- Supporting and monitoring SMEs
- Facilitating Enterprise Creation Procedures
- Supervising and advising idea and project holders
- Competences Capacity Building
- Setting up a data and project database
- Promoting technological innovation
- Developing a SME observatory
- Start up incubation
- Mentoring (in partnership with large Enterprises), etc.